1941 One Twenty Convertible Parts

Discussions related to interchangeability between years and models, and currently available modern sources for parts.
Pack120

1941 One Twenty Convertible Parts

Post by Pack120 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 am

Does anyone have experience finding sources for parts for the 1941 One Twenty? I've got a convertible and would like to find replacement knobs (radio, dash controls), window cranks, etc...

Are there sources for a replacement radio and/or a rebuild of the existing OEM radio?

Does anyone have a positive experience about replacing a convertible top, too.

Thanks.

Dave Czirr

Re: 1941 One Twenty Convertible Parts

Post by Dave Czirr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:46 am

Knobs and the like have been available for a very long time now, but you better move fast, the vendor is closing down and inventory is dwindling!!

http://www.yesterdaysradio.com

There any many vendors who specialize in rebuilding radios, you'll find them advertising in Hemmings Motor News. I can't recommend a specific one as the one I used with superb results has finally closed down. Perhaps someone else will have a current recommendation. If you chose just to have it repaired as opposed to rebuilt, I would highly recommend that ALL the condensers be replaced in addition to whatever is required.

Any good upholstery shop dealing with older cars should be able to install a new top. Most of the Packard vendors like Bill Hirsch especially (and Kanters) have top suppliers who have all the necessary patterns and materials. You might have to contend with replacing the tacking strip but even that is available and without issues.