high-tech parking assistant

Discussions related to interchangeability between years and models, and currently available modern sources for parts.
likelasttime

high-tech parking assistant

Post by likelasttime » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:03 pm

I sometimes mess up my parallel parking only using blind spot and rearview mirrors. I think it will be easier to parallel park with a reverse backup camera or a parking sensor installed at the back and front parts of my Packard. Where will I get these reliable items I’m searching for? :roll:

Howard56

Re: high-tech parking assistant

Post by Howard56 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:45 am

Not sure you will find much in the way of front and back sensors but there are any number of add on camera backup systems at many price points. Biggest downside to any camera system is they are most all 12v negative ground so you would need to work around that limitation. There are some that instead of hardwiring or plugging into a cigarette lighter port can also plug into and run off an independent rechargeable battery pack. You would also need to purchase one of those and keep it charged.

Do a Google search for battery operated camera backup systems and you will find a multitude of them. Some are wired, others are wireless, some have a monitor build in the rear view mirror and some just have magnetic bases where you can stick the monitor on the dash. Cameras are the same with magnetic bases to sit on a bumper or built into a license plate frame. If I were buying it would probably opt for the built in mirror and license frame mount to avoid having to worry about something falling off or being stolen but your wants may be different. The wireless types would be the easiest to install but would also probably be the ones having the most issues. You just have to read thru the specs so see what fits your needs or what might be encountered operation wise.

urmamamia

Re: high-tech parking assistant

Post by urmamamia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:06 pm

Are you a new driver? If you are a new driver it is understandable to struggle in parallel parking.