1954 Caribbean swap

Discussions related to interchangeability between years and models, and currently available modern sources for parts.
Dakotas04

1954 Caribbean swap

Post by Dakotas04 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:10 pm

There's a 54' Caribbean convertible for sale. However the rust has almost completely eaten the chassis to a point that it would be a daunting task (not to mention pricey) to recover. In addition there are also some bad spots in at least two fenders. I'm probably crazy and it's likely a money pit. However, something in me wants to save it. If one wanted to use a car as a donor for body (fenders) and chassis what would that be aside from the obvious Caribbean (there are nowhere to be found for parts); Patrician? So far I know that the length in between wheels is 127", that pretty much it! :( :( thanks!

Dave Czirr

Re: 1954 Caribbean swap

Post by Dave Czirr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:18 am

The "standard" Convertible, the 2-door hardtop Pacific, the Patrician, and the Cavalier would all have various degrees of usefulness as a donor; the Convertible and Pacific and the most closely related to the Caribbean.

We'd love to "save them all", but a high quality restoration even starting with a good, solid Caribbean can put you upside down financially. So, my 2 cents-worth, unless you've got the $ and it's going to be a labor of love without regard to cost, best to pay more up front and start with a better car.

JD in KC

Re: 1954 Caribbean swap

Post by JD in KC » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:15 am