Packard Building Seattle

Discussion and questions about Packard dealers, distributors and factory branches.
Leeedy

Packard Building Seattle

Post by Leeedy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:29 am

Was this place in Seattle once a Packard dealership? Or?
Attachments
PackardBuilding.jpeg
Packard Building in Seattle, WA outside sign.
(37.13 KiB) Downloaded 3339 times

PACKARDAPL

Re: Packard Building Seattle

Post by PACKARDAPL » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 am

HI; Well thts not a factory sign, but seems inspired by PMCC symbols. There were several dealers over
the years in Seattle. What is the address? What kind of building?--new / old etc.??? Might be able to ID.
KEN CHAPMAN

Leeedy

Post by Leeedy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:20 am

Hello... I don't know the address. A friend in Seattle saw the sign, knows I like Packards... so took a photo and sent it to me. The building looks old, but also looks as if it has been refurbished with modern fittings. Of course, I never imagined that the sign was factory... but the building apparently has some kind of web site. But again, no information at the web site to explain why it has the Packard name and a an obvious Cormorant sitting on top. Frankly, had I designed this sign, I would have put the radiator cusps on the top edge and done it right! Thanks. Would love to know the story anyway.

AshleyWox

Post by AshleyWox » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 pm

I myself like Packard. But it seems that the building needs sort of renovations. I feel they have already a reputation and renovation will only add a cherry on the cake.

Ozstatman

Post by Ozstatman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:40 am

The above SPAM post prompted me to google "Packard Building Seattle" and found this - http://packardbuilding.com/info-center.php
Mal
Currently - '50 Packard Eight Touring Sedan
Previously - '41 120 Club Coupe(Sold October 2017) & '38 Eight Touring Sedan(Sold July 2009)
Bowral, Southern Highlands, NSW Australia

"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

206gene

Post by 206gene » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:09 pm

I live in Seattle, and I'm the director of Pacific Northwest Packards, a region of PAC. The Packard Bldg. is an elaborate remake of a building that housed a Packard dealership in the 1920s (See web link in a previous post). A search of old city directories would reveal the name. But the better-known dealership was the Packard Seattle Co. at Pike and Melrose. It is now the Starbucks Roastery, a beautiful repurposing of a historic building (Google it) with a coffee library that shows the original dealership. Be sure to visit if you are in Seattle. Other notable Seattle dealerships were Van Pelt Packard (various locations) and Metropolitan Packard and ABC Packard in the '50s.

Dave Czirr

Post by Dave Czirr » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:36 am

Welcome to the PAC forum, and thanks for the further information on Packard dealerships.

We hope to see you often on these pages!

Dave