The Predictor profiled again....

Packard coverage in books, magazines, and other media. Also queries on owner's, parts and service manuals, service letters and counselors, and other PMCC publications. Limited excerpts from PAC publications.
Leeedy

The Predictor profiled again....

Post by Leeedy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm

This time it is Motor Cities Heritage story of the week online: http://www.motorcities.org/Story+of+the ... ewsletterl ..

The story claims that the Predictor and the model were both given to South Bend or some such thing (HMMMMmmmmmmmmmm... perhaps they did not read the story in The Packard Cormorant... but they sure went out of their way to biblio a bunch of other "sources" not nearly so close to the car!). Quick check with Studebaker Museum and they say they have no knowledge of the whereabouts of the model at all. News to them!

The article also includes a photo claimed to be "rare photo of Packard's styling team"... but that gave me a little chuckle. Among the people pictured are my friends Richard Teague (identified) and (NOT identified) Tom Beaubien and Bill Schmidt. Riley Quarles is also in the photo, guys. And seated next to Bill Schmidt is Bill's DAD (not sure how he got to be included as a "Packard stylist"). Ahhh. Tom Beaubien tells me that this photo was not the styling crew at all, but was actually taken in a building over on Chalmers Avenue in Detroit, he thinks on a MoPar side-project that Schmidt was involved in. Anyway... great fun, huh? And yet another one of those odd things that turn up in Packard lore and the internet that make ya go....HHhmmmmmmmmmmmmm!