1948 Packard Tours Montana

Packard coverage in books, magazines, and other media. Also queries on owner's, parts and service manuals, service letters and counselors, and other PMCC publications. Limited excerpts from PAC publications.
vukelic

1948 Packard Tours Montana

Post by vukelic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm

I don't know how to get the article connected here, but there was an interesting article written in the "Missoulian" newspaper (Missoula Montana), and in the A4 Montana Section, on Monday January 21, 2019. It is titled " 56 Counties Or Bust". An Alberton, Montana bookstore owner and her husband reactivated a 1948 Packard and toured all 56 Montana counties with it, beginning last September 23rd. They photographed the County Courthouses and many other things along the way; travelling about 150 miles per day and totaling about 4,400 miles. I live in the area and own a 1949 Golden Anniversary "Driveaway" car, and being interested in this model series happened to notice this car, which was outdoors for years on a lot in Missoula. I photographed it and particularly noticed the "Egyptian" hood ornament. I once looked it over to possibly buy it for a parts car, but passed on it. I'm amazed that the new owner got it running and made this trip. It is another testimony of how well built the cars were; most of the paint is off, but with the prime coat still intact, and the chrome still in decent condition despite being left outdoors for many decades. I asked the previous owner how much he wanted for the hood ornament and he said "$1,500 and you can have the car itself for free; it goes with the car".

Perhaps Dave Czirr can get the article downloaded; I don't know how to do it, but I do have an actual newspaper with the article. It is worth downloading if it can be done.
Last edited by vukelic on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

vukelic

Re: 1948 Packard Tours Montana

Post by vukelic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:38 pm

After writing my message I found a way to connect the author of the article with Dave. Hopefully this will facilitate getting the article with it's very nice photos posted.

Dave Czirr

Re: 1948 Packard Tours Montana

Post by Dave Czirr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:41 pm