Cormorant Article

Packard coverage in books, magazines, and other media. Also queries on owner's, parts and service manuals, service letters and counselors, and other PMCC publications. Limited excerpts from PAC publications.
Tinman_70

Cormorant Article

Post by Tinman_70 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:22 am

There was an article in the third quarter Cormorant by Ed Ostrowski titled "Packard's Downfall". It made some interesting points about the factors in Packard's demise. We've all heard the term "bathtub" to describe the new style of many postwar cars. The article had a new description of the "modern" style, ".. best represented by what proved to be a short-lived "used bar of soap" styling direction." That was a new one for me! :D
Dare to be Different - Buy and Build Packards!
Member:
Packard Automobile Classics
packardclub.org
packardinfo.com
Series 22/23 Packard Group on Facebook

Prudence

Re: Cormorant Article

Post by Prudence » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:10 am

Good Morning all...Our 49 Deluxe is named Miss Prudence...as to me she looks like an old maid! However, Alex Alfaro, who has worked on her for the last 7 or so years with me insists on calling her Miss Piggy...These particular cars seem to bring out more design comments than most of the other Packards down through the years. Miss Prudence does not seem to mind too much. She seems to take it as good natured ribbing. Ernie in Arizona ;)