My First Packard - '37 115C Sedan

If you're starting a project, large or small, please share your progress with us in pictures and words.
markmdz

My First Packard - '37 115C Sedan

Post by markmdz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 pm

So I'm no stranger to old cars and this is certainly not my first project vehicle, but it is my first Packard.

A few weeks back, I found myself with a '37 in tow.

Here's a few pics of it when I picked it up and once I got it home.

The short list to start:
- Source a rear passenger side fender
- Source a passenger running board
- replace all brake lines
- finish up the wiring that someone started to replace but never completed
- get the carb rebuilt, change all fluids, then get her running.

After it's driveable and I can enjoy it on weekends, I'll slowly start the project of restoring the car to its original glory.
Attachments
image3.jpeg
(394.05 KiB) Downloaded 2543 times
image4.jpeg
(385.98 KiB) Downloaded 2543 times
image6.jpeg
(284.79 KiB) Downloaded 2541 times

Howard56

Re: My First Packard - '37 115C Sedan

Post by Howard56 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Looks like a nice project. You might also check out Henry's 37 limo that is being done and documented over at the Packard Info forum. http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modul ... =0&start=0 His is an 8 cylinder -- a 120CD long wheelbase -- but I expect there will be similarities to the 115C. He has done quite a bit since he started the project and has lots of photos. Perhaps he has already done and posted photos of something you will be doing.

markmdz

Post by markmdz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Thank you Howard. I've spent some time reading through numerous posts here and on PackardInfo. (Thank you for that link by the way.)

I have a number of other pic's from when I picked the car up and the day it landed in my garage, which I'll post up as soon as I finish uploading them to photobucket.

This will likely be a VERY slowly progressing project, as I have a few other projects ahead of this, but (frighteningly) I'm already getting the itch to get this guy up and running and driving around.

The fact that there seems to be a pretty good group of Connecticut Packard guys doesn't help the cause either, which two "Packard guys" already having checked out this car while taking another [non-Packard] project off my hands.

JWLawrence

Post by JWLawrence » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 am

Congratulations on acquiring your first Packard. These Six Touring Sedans are wonderful automobiles, and yours looks like a good example. A rich source for parts is David Flack (Flackmaster) in Dallas, Texas. He is a frequent poster on the Packard Info website. Please keep us posted on your progress.

(o[]o)

lexthur

Post by lexthur » Mon May 15, 2017 1:54 am

That's a nice project you got there. Any more updates?