1946 Custom super 7 passenger sedan

If you're starting a project, large or small, please share your progress with us in pictures and words.
Jgeer127

1946 Custom super 7 passenger sedan

Post by Jgeer127 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi everyone. I just bought this car. It comes from San Diego Ca. and has id number 1651 and was delivered in November of 1945. Has been in a barn in Tennessee since 1989 and we just got it running. It has little rust but has not been in a climate controlled garage and the resin parts and wiring are in bad shape. My first task is to replace the wiring harness. I was asked about overdrive and electromagnetic clutch. There are 2 pulls on the left and one on the right that I cant tell what they do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Stuart R. Blond

Re: 1946 Custom super 7 passenger sedan

Post by Stuart R. Blond » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:35 am

Hi - Sorry this is late. Do you have any photos you can post? The ivory knob to the right of the steering column should be for the overdrive. If the car has the factory fog / driving lights then it should have a small ivory knob to the left of the column. Don't know what the other one is for without looking at it.

Howard56

Re: 1946 Custom super 7 passenger sedan

Post by Howard56 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:57 pm

If the knob to the left is a push pull connected to a rectangular zinc valve possibly for a vacuum antenna. With a 7 passenger model is there a front radio? If so those usually have an antenna on the L front fender. If there is a rear radio on the right side armrest those can have another antenna on the R rear quarter sort of between the trunk lid opening and the rear glass.