BIG Packard

Post your favorite Packard photos, contemporary or vintage.
Dave Czirr

BIG Packard

Post by Dave Czirr » Thu May 12, 2011 10:33 am

You gotta love this one! Photo taken today (May 12, 2011) in Paterson, New Jersey.
Attachments
1102 21 Rollston 010 sm.jpg

GTO

Re: BIG Packard

Post by GTO » Thu May 12, 2011 11:24 am

Where in Beautiful Downtown Paterson did you find that and what in Gods name would you be doing in Paterson if you did not have to be there?

Dave Czirr

Post by Dave Czirr » Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 am

Two good questions indeed, GTO! It's part of the Frank Malatesta collection (Horseless Carriage Transport). I went over to look at a very unusual 34 Packard that HC had hauled up from Florida for a purchaser. I may be able to post some pictures later but right now I've been asked to hold off. If I see you tonight at that little Dumont cruise night I'll fill you in. Otherwise, Sunday at our show.

Even though I went further West to Squirrelwood Road and u-turned back onto I-80 East because it looked easier to get to Iowa St., I still got a bit lost and ended up having to go a 1/4 block the wrong way on a 1-way street to find the place. Paterson, I don't like it!!

Adam

Post by Adam » Tue May 31, 2011 7:01 am

There are some other interesting beasts in the photo. The army lorry in the background, is that a Dodge? and is it a bright red tractor unit just under the camera???
"Do not underestimate the English cousin.....they are not as stupid as they look!" - Signor Altabani in The Italian Job.

Dave Czirr

Post by Dave Czirr » Tue May 31, 2011 12:33 pm

Adam, the place is just filled with nicely restored heavy duty haulers, Kenworths, Internationals, and the like. Plus quite a collection of military vehicles though I didn't take particular note of that WW II truck in the background.

Adam

Post by Adam » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 am

Having a nose around there would be great fun. I love heavy commercials, the bigger the better.
"Do not underestimate the English cousin.....they are not as stupid as they look!" - Signor Altabani in The Italian Job.

FrankGarza

Post by FrankGarza » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:57 am

There are many other useful monsters in the photograph. The actual armed service truck in the track record, is that your Dodge? which is that a new bright reddish colored tractor model just below the actual photographic camera???
Download high quality pass4sure ccna security lab manual pdf dumps to prepare and pass ccnp exam questions with oracle certification dumps ccie security lab equipment Also get free demos of www.clarku.edu