Pictures of our 1933 Packard Victoria

Post your favorite Packard photos, contemporary or vintage.
Don Shields

Re: Pictures of our 1933 Packard Victoria

Post by Don Shields » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:44 pm

We certainly all owe the eagle-eyed Dave Czirr our thanks for noticing your tires looked to be oversized as indeed they are! The 2004 date on your tires was puzzling to me as Coker dropped their oversized 700 tires back in the mid-90's. Puzzle solved with the revelation that they are 750s on your car. I think you're fortunate that they don't rub on sharp turns as my 700s very slightly do.

I, too would be interested in the 1933 Accessories Catalog as I've never seen one nor did I ever hear of the fabricoid covers as an accessory. Just goes to show that no matter how much you think you know about a topic, there's always more out there to be learned. The 1934 Accessories catalog is available as a PDF download on the Packardinfo.com website and only the metal covers are listed there.

As to the sidemount mirrors, I bought clamp-ons from Jay Fisher long before he left the business. I don't notice any vibration distortion problems with them, and they are certainly much better than nothing. I ordered the oversize 5 inch diameter mirrors (4 inch were standard for Packard) and I do think that aids in their effectiveness. The 5 inch were the largest diameter that Jay offered. I've been unable to locate the hingepost-mounted mirrors although admittedly I haven't been on the lookout for them lately. I'm attaching a photo that shows the mirrors and the tires.
Attachments
'33 on Pacackard Ave (2)resized.jpg

Dave Czirr

Re: Pictures of our 1933 Packard Victoria

Post by Dave Czirr » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi Don:

My hinge-pin mirror is a Jay Fisher product. It's unfortunate that no one to date has purchased his tooling and continued the business.

Dave
Attachments
Hinge pin mirror.jpg