Original Detail Features

Post your favorite Packard photos, contemporary or vintage.
Dave Czirr

Re: Original Detail Features

Post by Dave Czirr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:22 pm

It's up to the owners of cars with original details to post here, all I can do is to provide the space and the encouragement to document. As you can see, there isn't much participation.

apacap

Post by apacap » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi Dave, This is Allen Strong, long time PAC member but first time forum contributor. I think your idea of the original feature section of the Forum is a fabulous idea. I have been collecting and restoring Packard's for over 35 years and I still often wish for a source to identify what is correct for a certain year or model. I have always sought out original cars and am fortunate to have several wonderful originals in our collection. Frankly. I am surprised that this has not been wildly followed and contributed to. I am hear to offer what contributions I can make and look forward to helping build a photo journal of authenticity features. My problem is that I have 17 Packard's from 1915 to 1938 and it gets tough sometimes to keep things straight between years and models as much as I try. As you are well aware Packard could not stand to not change things up as often as possible, a testament to their commitment to engineering. I am happy to contribute photos from our collection and was w
wondering if there are some years and models that might take precedence due to current member restorations.
Here is a list of cars that we have that show original features:
1915 3-38 Carl Fisher Special Roadster
1927 3-36 Rollston Sport Touring
1920 Twin Six Touring
1934 1105 Sport Coupe
1933 1001 Cp. Rdst.
1932 Twin Six Sport Coupe
1938 12 Stationary Phaeton
As well as these cars I have accumulated a library of photos of 100's of cars over the years.

Dave Czirr

Post by Dave Czirr » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:23 am

Greetings Allen, and a warm, warm welcome! We have met, it was during the 2016 PAC National at Traverse City MI and this is a good time for me to thank you again for the great little ride you gave me (and so many others) in your 3-38 - it was quite a treat. A couple of photos from that day attached. That's a great family of Packards you list, and let me ask about one as the nomenclature took me by surprise -- just what is a "stationary" phaeton? I relate particularly to your 1001, I've had my 1100 now for about 53 years.

We look forward very much to your contributions to the forum in general, and especially to the "Original Features" section. If you have any questions or issues in posting, just let me know - it's not unusual for folks to have trouble posting photos due to our restriction on the file size and if need be, I'd be glad to resize them for you if you don't have the ability to do it yourself. As to the sequence or order, I don't really think it makes much difference if you start with the older or newer cars. Newer are probably more relevant to most of our posters, yet many of us don't know as much as we'd like about the earlier cars and speaking just for myself, I'd rather see that first.
Attachments
P6175145.JPG
P6175185.JPG

Don R's Cars

Post by Don R's Cars » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:18 am

Hi Dave,
I still owe you a big debt of gratitude for All the help you gave me during my ownership of my original 34 1100. I sold the car 3 years ago but still belong to the club and look at the forum every few days. I posted a lot of photos of my car in my project thread plus put quite a few in this Original Details thread. I have offered to share photos of my car here and also on the Facebook page which I recently joined to anyone looking for original details but have been surprised at the almost total lack of interest. Is there a better way to get the word out, I have no problem sharing these photos for the benefit of accurate restoration.
Attachments
ext1.JPG
Don Rundgren
McKinney, Texas
1934 1100 Eight Sedan