PACKARD 1M-245 (R) MARINE ENGINE

Information & discussion on Packard's non-automotive businesses.
AussieMarine1

Re: PACKARD 1M-245 (R) MARINE ENGINE

Post by AussieMarine1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:28 am

Hi! Interesting discussion! :-) I do agree with YPF above though, Dave - I met Bob (yes, Bob Miller!!! I do remember his name now, YPF) in person and he was a nice chap; don't think he made anything up! Just 'cause we haven't seen one, doesn't mean it didn't exist!? I mean, this Shah, he had enough money to buy whatever he liked and Packard's cash flow wasn't the best as far as I remember; so I could imagine they tried to make money with it and then realized that this engine had its limits, V8 being more promising..!? Anyway, happy to answer more questions, YPF, though not sure if there is anything else I can add! Send me a PM anyway. Cheers and good night from Perth this time...Mike

Retromotive1950

Post by Retromotive1950 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:07 pm

A lot of interesting comments. I saw the great looking re-creation of the Miss Persia on your website: gentsbarn.com Just curious as to why you have never posted any pictures of the original Miss Persia you found it after so many years of research? Your post reads "up from the ashes" does that mean it was cremated and in an urn?

YoungPackardFan

Post by YoungPackardFan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 am

:D There are no images of Miss Persia just yet, as the restoration and completion is yet not done. The boat currently shown in our "Barn find"-section is a Speedster replica from a friend - our Miss Persia is still in its restoration and completion process. Unfortunately, there was hardly any wood left - luckily, no ashes though :lol: but quite some hardware! The whole story including images was "sold"/promised to Europe's largest motorboat magazine, so just be patient and be excited for Spring/Summer 2019 - when the boat is hopefully finally ready at that time! PS: Could have been by far earlier though, but I guess you can better understand than anyone else why we are running late with putting it all back together again! ;)