1941 Henney Packard Airport Limo with 8 Side Doors

Discussions on Henney and other makers of specialty Packard vehicles.
ggausa9558

1941 Henney Packard Airport Limo with 8 Side Doors

Post by ggausa9558 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Looking for info on a car we purchased in 1975 from a guy in Muncie Indiana. He said that this car was used by the Germans to transport prisoners during WWII and after the war he had it shipped over here to the US as "farm Machinery." We know it was built on 6/26/1941 on a Super 8 Chassis and has a 356 Cu in Custom 8 Engine. From its VIN, # 1903 AB 2009, we know it is the 9th vehicle built of its type. It has 4 doors on the side and two on the rear. It also has an open top with a canvas cover. The 3 speed manual transmission is shot but we have a replacement. We also have side mount covers and other spare parts. It has the thermal operated grille in the center section and sports a Feather Bail hood ornament. The car is complete and has original paint, with fleet numbers (#25) painted on the a pillars--as it has been inside most of its life. The car is about 22 feet long and has a wheelbase of 18 feet. It has about 14,000 original miles on it and a two paint color scheme (camel on the upper half and navy blue on the lower part of the car. I am looking for ANY HISTORICAL INFORMATION related to this vehicle--as we have never seen one like it. I would add pictures but my files are too big (and this format will not accept any of my JPGs) and please let me know ANYTHING you can and thanks!!