Bill Hirsch

Notices, memories & condolences
Stuart R. Blond

Bill Hirsch

Post by Stuart R. Blond » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:56 pm

Attached is the link for Bill Hirsch's obituary, who passed away a few days ago at the age of 90.

https://danglerfuneralhomes.com/tribute ... tuary.html

Dave Czirr

Re: Bill Hirsch

Post by Dave Czirr » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:47 am

I was so sorry to hear about Bill's passing, the hobby has lost a elegant gentleman and great source of information. I first met Bill here in New Jersey in the early 1960s when he was having his 745 phaeton restored at Jim Tushinsky's shop in East Orange, at the same time I was in the same shop getting some sheet metal repair on my 1934 sedan. Bill was just in the beginning phases of his later to be well-known supply business to the hobby, I bought some items from Bill at that time (Sylphon thermostat, wool broadcloth) and also loaned him some parts as patterns for him to reproduce. Over the years we met regularly at national and region events, the latter generally regional events of the Classic Car Club of America and also of Packard Automobile Classics, Bill was an active member of both the Metro Region and Packards East, respectively. I'll miss his cheery attitude and his always good advice and knowledge.