Just Joined the forum.......

General topics, not covered elsewhere, of all things Packard.
2392-5

Just Joined the forum.......

Post by 2392-5 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:39 am

And should have my 1950 Eight 4-door sedan next week. I have been a classic car fan for many years and have owned several. My last ride was a restomodded 1940 Chevy. I thought that I was wanting a restomodded car but I quickly found that I really liked something more "pure". So the search was on and I found my newest project a couple weeks ago. I will post some pictures once it arrives. Looking forward to meeting some like-minded folks on this forum.

Howard56

Re: Just Joined the forum.......

Post by Howard56 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:36 am

Welcome and looking forward to following your Packards progress. Lots of knowledgeable people here who have "been there before" so you should have no problem finding someone who will have an answer to most any question. In addition to the literature and resources on this site you might also check out http://www.packardinfo.com. There is an active forum there and a considerable amount of factory service and sales information for your car. All is freely downloadable.

Adam

Post by Adam » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:10 am

Welcome to the forum!!

As Howard says, there will be plenty of interest in your car on this forum. When you get it please post some photos, we like pictures here.

Tell us more about the car; is it a runner? will you be restoring or driving it?

Adam..
"Do not underestimate the English cousin.....they are not as stupid as they look!" - Signor Altabani in The Italian Job.

2392-5

Post by 2392-5 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:36 am

I will post some pix once it arrives. It appears to be in pretty good shape and I am told has been in one family for most if not all of its life. Goal is to be able to go to some shows and drive it on weekends. My other classics have been a '56 and '58 Fairlane, and a '62 Olds Starfire. All 3 of those cars were stock with minor mods at best. I think I got bored with the '40 Chevy as I quickly got past any issues with running/stopping/driving. I do enjoy tinkering and am a pretty creative problem solver.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

2392-5

Post by 2392-5 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:23 am

Attached is pic of my car. 3-speed with O/D, radio (works), Oil bath air cleaner, Oil filter. Appears to be a bit cold-blooded but once warmed up she runs great. Slight leak at differential (a common problem from what I see). Happy to be here.
Attachments
2392-5A.jpg

Adam

Post by Adam » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:55 am

Nice looking car !!

I am sure you will have lots of fun with it.

Regarding the cold running, I am sure you are familiar with checking the thermostat? It may have been thrown away!

Kind regards
Adam..
"Do not underestimate the English cousin.....they are not as stupid as they look!" - Signor Altabani in The Italian Job.

5682-4775

Post by 5682-4775 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:09 am

Hi 2392-5

What a nice 23rd Series Eight you bought! Congratulations! Both here and the PackardInfo Forum are the places to come for advice and encouragement as you get to know your fine new acquisition and deal with whatever problem appear. Please consider starting a project blog for your car even as nice as it is. The blogs make posting questions and getting advice specific to your car concentrated in one location and much easier find later.

Again, congratulations and keep us posted on how you get to enjoy your new Packard.

Steve