Club publications Late.

General topics, not covered elsewhere, of all things Packard.
David Shepherd

Club publications Late.

Post by David Shepherd » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 am

Un believable. Always get Cormorant late even though international members understandably pay more for delivery .
Comes to Mexico via Jamaica??????
Yesterday feb 2 got 3 envelopes Cormorant 4th qtr. news bulletin for November and December. I get normal post from USA direct in 6 to 10 days. Your service company is not doing members any favors. After 5 yrs I just had to air my frustration .

Packard 903

Re: Club publications Late.

Post by Packard 903 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:19 pm

Thank you for letting us know. We will contact our vendor on Monday to register our complaint.
Sorry, hope we can get it done better in the future.
Packard Club Publications

Fourpack

Post by Fourpack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 am

Hi David,

The problem with late delivery of PAC publications is likely to be with you local post office.

Could you please verify that the address on the mailings you receive (late and several at the time) is correct. We have one other member, Andres Eberle, with a a very similar address, but it is laid out differently. (Look in the PAC Directory and you will see what I mean.) Check to see if Andres has the same problem as you.

Ole Böök
PAC V-P Membership

David Shepherd

Post by David Shepherd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello Ole and Packard 903, Thank you for your comment and yes I do know Andres Eberle we live near to each other and restore vehicles together.
He has the same problem , tells me it is worse than mine . The address is the one given me by the post office , but will check how he has put his .
Of course the Mexican post system is not noted for its efficiency , nevertheless I get other post correspondence within a month including my Jaguar Club magazine . Even parcels by US post (USPS) come amazingly in aprox 2 weeks.
I guess you use Jamaica for cost reasons but feel that could be part of the delay factor , as I can not imagine any direct link from there so probably it goes US to Jamaica in bulk and then Jamaica to US in the postal envelope and then finally to Mexico.
Basically it means the newsletter arrives often too late for some events notices. Thank goodness for the internet site at least.
I appreciate your attentions. David

Fourpack

Post by Fourpack » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:00 am

Hi David,

The problems you and Andres are having with PAC mailings appears to be an almost exclusively Mexican problem. What I would recommend is that both you and Andres show us EXACTLY how mail should be addressed. (The way the addresses show in the PAC directory is quite different for you and Andres.) Hopefully that will speed things up on the Mexican side.

You can give that info to me and I will forward to the proper venue.

Best regards,

Ole

P.S. That your PAC mail appears to be routed via Jamaica is something that is beyond our control. Once mail is handed to the U.S.P.S. the sender can do nothing.

David Shepherd

Post by David Shepherd » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Dear Ole , I respect your opinion on this , but it does not explain why the envelope has printed a legend that it comes from a bulk mailing in Jamaica.
This is a common procedure for bulk mailing to use low cost services from other countries , I used them for a time while working and also had issues with lateness. Depends on the urgency of the mailing .
I do not think it is fair to say " what the USPS does after" when it never went through them . Your contractor knows the real deal so they would be the best to react to a complaint , as I said earlier mail and USPS parcel from US to Mexico is better than 2 and 3 months experienced with PAC mailings .

Fourpack

Post by Fourpack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:09 am

Hi David,

Again, that the mail to Mexico delivered to USPS is being routed via Jamaica by USPS (and has a legend to that effect on the envelope) is beyond the control of our contractor (Modern Litho in Jefferson City, MO). And that the mail is routed via Jamaica doesn't explain the delivery delay of two or more months. The mail is undoubtedly being held up by the Mexican postal service for unexplicable reasons.

If the mail is addressed wrongly in some way, that could be a reason for the delay both you and Andres are experiencing. (I see in the directory that the way your and Andres' addresses are written is quite different.) Please verify that the addresses used are 100 percent correct.

I suggest that you lodge a complaint with your local post office.

Ole

P.S. Perhaps mail sent with tracking gets more expedited treatment. But tracking is expensive. I don't know how expensive.