Help Me Identify These Parts

General topics, not covered elsewhere, of all things Packard.
Combat_Wombat86

Help Me Identify These Parts

Post by Combat_Wombat86 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Hello everyone. I bought a new house that has some outbuildings. I was doing some digging around and found what I think is are Packard hubcaps and maybe a rear windshield. I found the windshield in a collapsing outbuilding and its lucky to survive. One of the hubcaps look to be from a 1955 Packard Clipper. Im not sure about the other two. I'm a little worried that the windshield is not original because of the blue color of the edge. To me that looks like safety glass which I am not sure was around in the 50's? Please let me know what you think.
Link to Google Photos below.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... tuM1ZJZDhB

Dave Czirr

Re: Help Me Identify These Parts

Post by Dave Czirr » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Welcome!

Safety auto glass dates to about 1929, and Packard (and most everyone else) offered tinted windshields with a blue band for 1955 and perhaps earlier. One of your wheel shell covers is Packard, one is Clipper and the other is Mopar, Plymouth or perhaps DeSoto.

Parts for 1955 Packard and Clipper have generally very good availability so don't expect too much from your finds.

Combat_Wombat86

Post by Combat_Wombat86 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks like the one hubcap with the ship is a Plymouth sailing ship cap from 1951-52. What do you think of the windshield?

Dave Czirr

Post by Dave Czirr » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:55 pm

I couldn't tell from the photos if it's a Packard windshield or not, and what condition it is in. Even if I did, I don't have a feel for the value other than to say unless it's perfect and for a Caribbean convertible, they are not uncommon.

Leeedy

Post by Leeedy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:52 am

The glass I see in the photos does not appear to be a windshield at all. It appears to be a Clipper or pre-1955 backlite rear window and not a windshield. Suggest that you match it up with images online.