1905 - 09 Michigan Packard Car Co. license plate

General topics, not covered elsewhere, of all things Packard.
gibby1208

1905 - 09 Michigan Packard Car Co. license plate

Post by gibby1208 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 am

Hello. I am not a Packard owner, but I wanted to alert brass era Packard enthusiasts of truly rare find that is available. I am a license plate collector, serving as President of the Michigan License Plate Collector's Association and as a member of the Board of Directors of the Automobile License Plate Collector's Association. A Michigan 1905 leather manufacturer's license plate, issued to The Packard Car Co. is being offered at auction by Morphy's Auctions on April 3rd. The State of Michigan did not begin actually issuing license plates until 1910. This example is known as a "prestate," as it was was provided by the registrant, and required only to bear the registration number. The "dashboard disc" registration number 1565 was issued to Packard in 1905 and used until the State actually began issuing plates in 1910. This particular plate was used on the 860th Packard vehicle produced. This is plate 100% genuine and verified, and the only such plate known to exist.
In the interest of transparency, I am the current owner of this plate. I am providing a link to the this item, from Morphy's website. If this violates any policies regarding commercial use, I apologize in advance, If that is the case, moderators are invited to edit this message, or return for a re-write.
I will be happy to answer any questions. Thanks.

https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/Lea ... 56691.aspx

RogerDetroit

Re: 1905 - 09 Michigan Packard Car Co. license plate

Post by RogerDetroit » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:36 am

Hello Mr. Gibby:

I sent a PM to you.
1941 Packard 160 Convertible Sedan
1941 Packard 120 Business Coupe
1968 AMX - Dick Teague designed