Rose Parade and Howard Hughes Caribbean!

General topics, not covered elsewhere, of all things Packard.
hercules97

Rose Parade and Howard Hughes Caribbean!

Post by hercules97 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:09 pm

PAC regent and museum curator Earl Rubenstein recently did a TV news segment on the Automotive Driving Museum in Southern California... and the appearance of one of their cars in Pasadena's fabulous Rose Parade on New Year's Day. Yes, again there was a Packard phaeton in the Rose Parade this year.
The link here is to a special KTLA News segment that was broadcast on SoCal television. In this segment you get a free tour of the Automotive Driving Museum. As a bonus, you get to see the Howard Huges/Jean Peters 1955 Caribbean which is virtually new-old-stock! This car was covered back in the 1970s in The Packard Cormorant magazine (issue?) and I personally drove it way back then. At that time it had about 1200 miles on the odometer. It now has about 1700 miles logged. So for those wondering what ever happened to the car... here it is!
Earl is also one of the founders of the Earle C. Anthony Packard Club region of The Packard Club! He owns several Packards and is a font of information.
Of course in the video you get to see many of the other treasures at the museum including a very rare fabric-bodied Stutz.
Take a look here and see it all!

Leeedy

Re: Rose Parade and Howard Hughes Caribbean!

Post by Leeedy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:40 am

But...where is the link????

We must have driven the car at the same time (actually I drove it a few times) back then.

And as far as I know, this Howard Hughes/Jean Peters Caribbean is no longer at the ADM, but has been moved to another museum.