Old Forum information?

General topics, not covered elsewhere, of all things Packard.
DWS1003

Old Forum information?

Post by DWS1003 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 am

I am back to my Packard after a few years absence. In the past there was quite a long string of technical forum postings, (searchable by year/model?) that had a Lot of good information in them. Are they archived somewhere and still available for searching?
Darrell
Indianapolis, IN
1933 Packard 1003 Super 8
92 Porsche C4, 93 Porsche C4, assorted Honda's, Toyotas, ....

Dave Czirr

Re: Old Forum information?

Post by Dave Czirr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi Darrell, welcome back! I gather from your other post about the body fuses that you've got a 33 1003. I've had a long-standing interest in the 33-34 Packards, having owned an unrestored 34 Eight for 45+ years (picture enclosed) so please, tell us a bit more about yours. And if you're willing, could you PM me with the VN and body dash (embossed) number for an article I'm researching?

The PAC webmaster stops by here regularly and if I"m wrong in my answer about your question about the archives, I'm sure he'll correct me so check back from time to time. But as I heard it, the old forums were malicously hacked on several occasions and on the last such occasion the prior history proved to be irrecoverable. What a shame - a wealth of great information lost. But slowly with the cooperation of all those who visit here we'll start reconstructing another useful source of info.

Dave
Attachments
34 2007.jpg