Gas tank fuel sending unit for 1934 Standard 8

Discussions related to electrical and fuel system, gasoline, etc.
sslaugh711

Gas tank fuel sending unit for 1934 Standard 8

Post by sslaugh711 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:24 am

I am trying to find this part. Max Merritt is out of stock and looking for place to get them. Kanter doesn't have them but might know of a re-builder. Any suggestions? Thanks

Howard56

Re: Gas tank fuel sending unit for 1934 Standard 8

Post by Howard56 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:21 pm

You might inquire at KM Lifestyle https://mykmlifestyle.com/Packard_Fuel_Sender.html and see if it is one they can manufacture new or if you already have one, repair the original. I don't know offhand of anyone getting one that old but they do mention the year and have been able to help a 47 owner having a NLA and obsolete S-W sender by making a new unit with the old resistance range.

Dave Czirr

Post by Dave Czirr » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:21 pm

Are you sure yours is not repairable? John Wolf & Co. has done these in the past. There was a reproduction available from a company that previously traded as Atwater Kent but i believe is now d/b/a KM Lifestyle or something like that. You'll have to rattle around a bit to find their contact info.
Attachments
Wolf and Co.jpg

JohnBloom

Post by JohnBloom » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:41 am

I had a Cracked sending unit in my 733 Club Sedan. I also called Max Merritt and was told they no longer provided that service (they said the guy who did them for MM had retired). I used KM Lifestyle. I sent my old one to them and they fabricated a new one. They were prompt and professional. One thing I noticed was that they never answered their phone. I always had to leave a message, but they did call me back. I haven't put it back on my tank yet to try it. My tank is being cleaned and sealed.