Wiper motor and switch

Discussions related to electrical and fuel system, gasoline, etc.
chrislibby63

Re: Wiper motor and switch

Post by chrislibby63 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:19 am

You are right the knob when turned is threaded so it will move up and down which will push or pull the cable connected to the motor as well as open the vacuum flow thru the switch. By sucking on one tube (until I was about ready to pass out) and turning the knob I could tell there was a reduction in vacuum flow thus it does work to some extent only in a vacuum flow. Perhaps I can just by pass the vacuum tubes around the switch and use it to move the slide valve on the motor only. Max Merritt or Kanter will not service the switch or have replacements, I will check with Flackmaster. It's interesting that the 1937 Packard Operating Manuals, Shop Manual, or the Kuehl Restoration book really don't say anything about the wiper operation! Thanks All!

flackmaster

Post by flackmaster » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:02 pm

OK, hear I am....can do, of course. flackmaster at sbcglobal point net, direct to me please.

chrislibby63

Post by chrislibby63 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:56 am

Flackmaster could you verify your email by displaying it exactly as it should be as an email address Interpreting your address did not work when I attempted to send an email.

Howard56

Post by Howard56 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:52 pm

Don't know if anyone responded on the email address but the way flackmaster (and others) give addresses on public forums is to thwart bots that automatically pickup addresses out of the forums and spam them. Respond to flackmaster as you would any regular email address with the single line and no spaces. Substitute @ for at and a period or dot for the point between sbcglobal and net