Front Clip Transplant

PAC is dedicated to the preservation or authentic restoration and use of Packards; if you must consider non-stock modifications, here's the place.
nikrok

Front Clip Transplant

Post by nikrok » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Comments please on grafting a modern running gear/powerplant to a 1950 Model 2301. Specifically: minimal frame attachment issues; comparable ft track; any quirky obstacles; preferably carburetor, AT/PB/AC/PS, 6 or 8 cyl. This will be a simple driver. All pro-con welcomed.

Dave Czirr

Re: Front Clip Transplant

Post by Dave Czirr » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Just my opinion, I'm a purist and in my view when you finish, your car will no longer be a Packard. But its your car and your money, if doing it pleases you, then by all means do it. Except for the Custom Eight and to a lesser extent the convertibles and club sedans, these are cars that are plentiful and with quite limited upside for value appreciation so your proposed alterations aren't likely to cost you much in terms of value.

nikrok

Re: Front Clip Transplant

Post by nikrok » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:37 am

I'm done being a purist w/ plain vanilla cars. The parts costs via the long term scalpers do not warrant purist affectation. I have had "pure '40 1805/4+ 2301s. Stick a fork in me. I worked on them and drive them. They are not "entertainment/status" baubles.