Clipper carburettor

Discussions related to electrical and fuel system, gasoline, etc.
packuk

Clipper carburettor

Post by packuk » Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 am

Hi
I have a 41 clipper 8 cel had a few issues which you have all been helping with my carb is not sealing 100% with wet areas showing so I have decided on a rebuild
I am struggling to identify my carb it has no tag it is a carter wdo but there are several variations
I have bought a wdo 644sa of ebay which looked great it appeared the same the ally all appears identical but the base casting doesn’t match as mine has two chamfered corners on the base casting. The 644sa is a true oblong. Ijust need the tag number to get the correct rebuild kit for mine as I don’t want to send it to US for exchange as it would put me of road for a month and be costly with import duties

Dave Czirr

Re: Clipper carburettor

Post by Dave Czirr » Tue May 01, 2018 7:03 am

You can go back to the main website page and from the menu bar on the left, select "Reference" and select "Carburetors" for a complete listing.

1941 Clipper Eight (with the 282 engine) would originally had had either a WDO-478 or WDO-512, the WDO-644 would be correct for the 1948 Eight with the 288 engine. Unfortunately, once the tag is gone, full identification is nearly impossible unless you're in the carburetor business and can track down the individual numbers of all the internal partrs, etc. You are probably going to have go just pick a generic kit.

flackmaster

Re: Clipper carburettor

Post by flackmaster » Tue May 01, 2018 1:47 pm

WDO-512 for the Clipper. 478 is for the old body style 120's - regardless, the kit is the same, 478/512. I have a fresh rebuild 512 in stock if you don't trust that your carburetor is, umm...risky.