Bud Juneau passed away March 25, 2021

Notices, memories & condolences
craigupnorth

Bud Juneau passed away March 25, 2021

Post by craigupnorth » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:56 pm

The Packard Club has lost a dear friend. Bud joined the Packard Club when he was 23 years old in 1962 after purchasing a 903 and served on the board of trustees for the next 59 years — the same number of years that Packards were built. He was Membership VP from 1964-66 and was Executive VP in 1966, President in 1967 and Exec. VP again in 1969. He was a frequent contributor to the Packard Cormorant and was served as editor of both The Cormorant News Bulletin (1988) and The Packard Cormorant (2002-04). For the past 42 years, Bud was the VP of Publications.

His interest in preserving the Packard legacy extended beyond the club. He was one of the founding members of The Packard Motorcar Foundation and has been active in the preservation and restoration of The Packard Proving Grounds for the past 20 years.

He will be remembered as a quiet, gentle man who took on jobs within the club without drawing attention to himself. He advised many club presidents over the years, was the licensing agent for our Packard trademarks, headed the Snodgrass Awards committee and served on the Special Membership, Weiss Award, Emeritus, Website and Publications committees. Bud also managed the website and online store. It goes without saying that he will be sorely missed. As his health began to fail, others gradually took on his many chores. The club will go on, but it will never be quite the same. As Bud described the recent passing of Wayne Parsons, it’s the end of an era.

Dave Czirr

Re: Bud Juneau passed away March 25, 2021

Post by Dave Czirr » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:08 am

I likewise was saddened to hear of the passing of Bud Juneau. Though we joined The Packard Club only a year apart back in the early 1960s, we were on opposite coasts and thus it was not until time and circumstances allowed me to widen my travels that we began to meet regularly at regional and national hobby and Packard club events. I never could say I knew him well, but always enjoyed meeting with him, and was always impressed by his knowledge of and many contributions to both the hobby in general and the Packard fraternity. One of his many contributions that we can often be reminded of as we browse past hobby publications was his very considerable talent with a lens and camera. Thanks Bud for making our hobby that much more enjoyable for us all!