Packard Automobile Classics, Inc. (The Packard Club) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to preserving originality in the products and history of The Packard Motor Car Company: A company which manufactured one of the greatest marques in world history; on land, in the air, or on the sea: Automotive, Truck, Commercial, Aeronautical, & Nautical. This website desires to build users' trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that this website is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information you provide at this Website. Because this website wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, its practices are described below.
This website is provided for the worldwide Packard owner and Packard enthusiast community to garner new members to join Packard Automobile Classics, Inc. - The Packard Club (PAC). This website is funded by advertising fees passed on to our commercial advertisers and vendors. The majority of the audience at this website is adult, but some minors do visit the website for information purposes, such as for schoolwork. No information is requested nor maintained from minors anywhere at this website. Minors are prohibited from posting in the Packard Forum, and from submitting an electronic Membership Application. Sufficient notices may be found on those pages announcing "ADULTS ONLY !" Parents are responsible for the inappropriate use of the Internet and this website by their minors. The photos at this website have been rated by ICRA, an Internet Content Rating Association as suitable for "General" audience viewing.
Information Collection and UseThe website is the sole user of the information collected on this site. The website will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any fashion. The website collects information from our users at several different points on our website, namely: Online Store, Membership Form, Classified Ads, and Packard Forum. Registration is only required to use the Packard Forum and Online Store.
- Online Store: Packard related items are for sale on the Online Store. Sensitive Credit card information is stored on a 3rd-party server that specializes in credit card transactions.
- Membership Form: A user may voluntarily complete an on-line membership application form and FAX or Mail the form to the membership office. Information collected is required to complete the membership application process. Any use of a stolen credit card or credit card fraud will be immediately turned over to the authorities.
- Classified Ads: A user may voluntarily post a free advertisement for "one" item for sale or wanted, but out of courtesy to our paid advertising commercial vendors, ONLY one ad a month. Information collected is required to complete the free advertisement process. Ads selling a Packard require the person to verify they own the vehicle with clear title or are an executor of an estate. Any ad placed for stolen parts or a stolen vehicle will be immediately turned over to the proper authorities.
- Packard Forum: The forum is semi-moderated. A user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address, location, etc.). This information is requested so that others may contact the person in the Packard Forum. It is not sold nor distributed in any fashion and inappropriate use of anyone's E-mail address may result in the loss of your privilege to use the Packard Forum.
- Cookies: This website writes Cookies, a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive. Usage of a cookie is NOT linked to any personally identifiable information while on our website, for instance: By clicking "Remember Me" when logging into the Packard Forum, a cookie is written on your hard drive to save your login credentials for you so you would not have to log into the Packard Forum using your password more than once, thereby saving time while on our website and keeps track of your last visit to only present the new posts since your last visit. If a user rejects a cookie, the only drawback is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site. For example, the user will not be able to participate in the Packard Forum. Another cookie is written which assists the webmaster with a variety of information such as numbers of visitors, numbers of return visits, favorite pages, number of countries visiting, etc. - but, no personally identifiable information. This is only to analyze traffic to this web site.
Other Requests for Information
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys. A user may choose to participate in these surveys. Participation is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose any information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and E-mail address), and demographic information (such as Location). Survey information will be used for purposes of improving the use and satisfaction of this website.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information. We send all posters to the Forums an E-mail to activate their new account, order receipts from the Online Store, and contacting a user from a Classified Ad. No other automatic E-mails are sent out. NO personally identifiable information is given out on anyone's Packard photo in the Showroom, again for security and privacy purposes. The photographer retains all rights to any Packard photo.
It is the responsibility of the visitor/user to enter correct information as the Webmaster can't easily make changes. The most common error is not knowing your correct Email Address and those E-mails sent to verify your address return "Undeliverable". In those instances, nobody can contact you from the Classified Ads.